Friday, June 20, 2014

Music Teachers Book Club June 2014

Well, I finally did it! I organized a Violin Teachers Book Club!

I've been wanting to do this for a looooong time (years!), and life finally slowed down a second for me
to get it together.

Here's how I've worked it out: I invited a small group of fellow violin teachers (really, it could be any instrument) to join me. Together, we voted on some suggested books on the subjects of violin playing and pedagogy, and chose the top pick as our selection to read for this month. On an upcoming day, we'll join together after reading it, and talk about our thoughts and questions and what we learned. I feel it's also going to be a great opportunity to network and become closer friends.

If you'd like to join me, I'll post the information for our reading selections as we go along so you can read as well. Then I'll post some of the highlights of our book club discussion afterward.

For this month, we are reading Principles of Violin Playing & Teaching by Ivan Galamian.



Feel free to join in the discussion by posting your comments on the reading below! I'd love to hear from you and learn from your expertise!


No comments:

Post a Comment